- Waiting too long
- Whether it’s from severe flooding or just a little condensation, mold can start growing 24 hours after exposure to moisture.
- Long-term water damage can lower the resale value of your home by up to 25%.
- Doing it yourself
- About 20% of all home insurance claims are related to water damage.
- Fortunately, 93% of all water damage can be prevented, especially when you hire the right basement waterproofing contractors.
- Relying solely on waterproof paint
- Waterproof paint claims to withstand up to 12 pounds of pressure per square inch. However, this paint is just a coating and does not penetrate the walls deeply enough to provide a lasting bond.
A whole 98% of basements in the U.S. will experience some type of water damage. However, this can be prevented through proper waterproofing techniques.